See below for various examples of research projects undertaken by Dr. Jim Perry over the past several years.
Capacity Development Program for UNEP
- Field tested in Kenya, then mobilized world-wide.
- Later developed into a Training of Trainers (ToT) version that was field tested in South Korea with participants from 12 SE Asian countries.
- This has recently been further refined and published, and it influences Dr. Perry's teaching here on campus.
UNESCO on World Heritage Sites
- Began with a research question on "hot spots", asking which World Heritage sites are most at risk from climate change.
- Followed by a training manual for World Heritage Site managers to help them develop climate change adaptation strategies.
- Later field tested in Kenyas and India and is available in three languages.